Heat Pump Troubleshooting
Before calling for Heat Pump emergency service, please read the tips below. It may prevent a service call or help us diagnose your problem quicker. White Sands Cooling and Heating is your local choice for all your heat pump troubleshooting
System: Heat Pump
Symptom: Not Heating
- Check the settings on your thermostat. Make sure the temperature control selector is set above the current room temperature. Set the system switch to on for the HEAT or AUTO position. The fan switch should be set to ON for continuous airflow; or AUTO if you want the blower to operate only while the heat pump is operating.
- Try to get the heat pump to turn on by raising the thermostat to its highest temperature setting.
- If the air flow out of your registers seems low, check the air filter. An extremely dirty air filter can block air flow.
- Make sure all registers are open and also not obstructed.
- Check the power disconnect switch by each unit (outdoor and also indoor).
- Check the fuse/breaker at the electrical panel for both the outdoor and also the indoor unit.
- If the problem persists, please call us. 850.932.9800
If you are having issues with your heat pump and need help troubleshooting trust our experience. White Sands Cooling and Heating is your local choice for all your HVAC repair, installation, and service needs in Pensacola, FL, and also the surrounding areas.
Contact us for your cooling or heating repair, installation, or service appointment today.